Prevent and Fight Wrinkles
Wrinkles are a sign of life. Usually they show that you know how to laugh, how to smile, and how show emotion, mostly because that’s what causes wrinkles in the first place.
But you don’t have to let these age markers define your life. Your age doesn’t have to be worn like a sign screaming its true number to any and all who look upon your face. There are many things you can do to prevent wrinkles from forming and reduce the look of wrinkles already taking shape on your face.
According to Robin Ashinoff, MD, a dermatologist at the Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey, “With the information and technologies we have today, you really can look as young as you feel.” Take action against those age-revealing lines, whether it’s with a wrinkle cream or one of the tips below.
Here are some things you can do to reduce the look of wrinkles and age lines so you don’t have to worry about your skin.
1. Get enough Sleep. According to a Yale dermatologist, Nicholas Perricone, MD, if you’re not getting enough sleep, your body produces too much cortisol, a hormone detrimental to skin cells. By getting enough sleep, you’ll help your skin stay thick, repair itself, and will be less likely to form wrinkles.
2. Sleep on your back. When you sleep in the same position night after night forms wrinkles that are pressed into your face during the night don’t always disappear. Don’t sleep on your side or stomach and you can prevent wrinkles from forming during your sleep.
3. Avoid the sun. Sun damage is the biggest skin damaging element out there. Numerous studies have been done on the effects the sun can have on your skin. Avoid the sun if possible, if not make sure you’re wearing a good sun screen with at least an SPF 45.
4. Trade in your coffee for cocoa. Chocolate isn’t just a stress reliever. It also contains the flavanols epicatchin and catechin which help protect your skin from everyday damage inflicted upon it. Cocoa also improves circulation and makes your skin feel smoother and look younger.
5. Eat Your Vegetables. Antioxidants are vital to good skin health–they fight skin cell damage caused by free radicals in your body. These radicals are molecules that cause damage to your skin cells because they’re so unstable. Antioxidants find these free radicals and bind with them to prevent them from doing more damage.
While these tips will help prevent wrinkles, if you really want to reduce your existing wrinkles, we’d recommend trying a good skin care cream like Oxytokin. This wrinkle cream uses the benefits of Argireline NP, a Botox alternative, which helps your skin increase collagen production to help fill in wrinkles and fine lines to reduce the signs of aging.
For more information on the best wrinkle creams, visit www.consumerpricewatch.org to read in-depth analysis and consumer reviews.